I love connecting with readers! I’ve met with over 40 book clubs in the U.S. and internationally, both in person or via Zoom or FaceTime. To enquire about a book club event, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, Feb. 15, 2024, San Francisco, CA: Workshop leader, “Creating Strong Heroines,” San Francisco Writers Conference, Hyatt Regency, San Francisco.
Sunday, Oct. 1, 2023, Online event: Author of the Day, Global Girls Online Book Club, https://bit.ly/MCGGOBC.
Saturday, Sept. 23, San Francisco, CA, 9-12 pm PT: Guest Speaker, “Writing the Heroine’s Journey” with Kate Farrell, The Mechanics Institute 57 Post St. San Francisco. https://www.milibrary.org/events/writing-heroines-journey-kate-farrell-sep-23-2023.
Monday, July 3, Manchester, VT, 5-6 pm ET: Author Talk, Gieber Writing Circle.
Sunday, June 11, San Francisco, CA, 1-3 pm PT: Garden party and reading, Blackbird Books 4541 Irving St. San Francisco.
Sunday, April 30, Santa Rosa, CA: Guest Speaker at Hook & Ladder Winery, Reading Between the Vines series. More info here: https://adventuresbythebook.com/event/reading-between-the-vines-4-30-23/.
Saturday, March 11, San Jose, CA: Guest Speaker, South Bay Branch of the California Writers Club: “Secondary Characters, Subplots, and Complications: How a minor character started taking over my novel The Physician’s Daughter—and how I worked that to my advantage (and you can, too!)”
Saturday, March 7, 2pm ET Bookish Road Trip: Guest Speaker, https://Fb.com/groups/bookish.road.trip.
Tuesday, February 21, Redwood City, CA: Author talk, Peninsula Civil War Roundtable.
Wednesday, February 8, Los Angeles, CA: Author talk, SoCal Civil War Roundtable.
Thursday, September 1, Healdsburg, CA, 7pm PT: Copperfield’s Books, Thumbprint series with Cara Black and Rebecca Rosenberg. Thumbprint Cellars, 102 Matheson Street, Healdsburg.
Thursday, September 15, San Francisco, CA, 7pm PT: Reading, Bookshop West Portal, 80 W. Portal Ave.
Wednesday, September 21, 5pm PT: Panelist, “What’s New in Historical Fiction?” Zoom roundtable. Event Link: https://www.crowdcast.io/c/whats-new-in-historical-fiction-8.
Wednesday, October 12, Chagrin Valley, OH: Author talk, 21st Century Club.
Wednesday, October 12, Shaker Heights, OH, 7pm ET: Author reading at Logenberry Books, 13015 Larchmere Road, Shaker Heights, Ohio.
Thursday, November 3, South San Francisco, CA: Author talk, South San Francisco Women’s Club.
Tuesday, November 29, San Jose, CA: Author talk, South Bay Civil War Roundtable.
IN THE NEWS
• The Physician’s Daughter is Fine Historical Drama, USA Today, October 9, 2022.
• One Author’s Journey, Television interview on “Lit with Lloyd,” Los Gatos, California.
• Why the Story of The Underground River is Relevant Today
Television interview on “Bay Sunday,” CBS KPIX.
• Author Martha Conway on her book “The Underground River”
Television interview on “Bay Area Focus,” CBS SF Bay Area.
• “10 New Books We Recommend This Week,” New York Times, Sunday, July 20, 2017.
• “Bay Area author Martha Conway goes home (again) for Underground River,” San Jose Mercury News, Thursday, July 17.
• “New Novels Depict Valiant Women of Old America,” New York Times Book Review, Sunday, July 14, 2017.
• “The Underground Railroad Inspires a Wave of Books, Plays, TV, and More,” Los Angeles Times, Sunday, March 19, 2017.